People Tell Me I Look Like Han Solo.
Wednesday, April 1, 2009
  Where the Wild Things Are trailer
I've mentioned in this space before that I really should assemble a list of my favourite movies and/or directors, because I feel like I'm regularly referring things as being among my favourites, and I don't want to seem like I throw the term around lightly (I don't, I just keep fairly exhaustive mental lists and am clever at finding ways to talk about stuff I like).

So with little self-conscious preamble in mind, Spike Jonze is one of my favourite directors, despite only having directed two feature films since blowing the collective mind of the music-video industry, Being John Malkovich and Adaptation. I love both movies, and I don't watch either of them nearly enough as I probably should. And given that Jonze is hardly the most prolific filmmaker – he's been a movie director ostensibly for 10 years now and only has two completed, released films under his belt – it's automatically news that he's got a new film coming out. But add to that the fact that his latest movie is based on the beloved Maurice Sendak children's book, Where the Wild Things Are, and was co-written by acclaimed author Dave Eggers, and it becomes a genuine event. Throw in early rumours that the studio was less-than-thrilled with Jonze's finished product (usually a good sign for me, but I'm something of a misanthrope; the studio folks have since made a point of publically stating how happy they are with the movie), and you've got a movie that's near the top of my personal must-see list for the year – and I'm not even a particularly huge fan of the book. I'm just happy to be getting a new Spike Jonze movie this year, and one that looks like nothing I've ever seen before.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/wherethewildthingsare/

previous post

Labels:

 
Comments: Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]





<< Home
A blog about movies, by a guy who probably watches too many.

Archives
April 2008 / May 2008 / June 2008 / July 2008 / August 2008 / September 2008 / October 2008 / November 2008 / December 2008 / January 2009 / February 2009 / March 2009 / April 2009 / May 2009 / June 2009 / July 2009 / August 2009 / September 2009 / October 2009 / November 2009 / December 2009 / January 2010 / February 2010 / March 2010 / April 2010 / May 2010 / June 2010 / July 2010 /


Powered by Blogger

Subscribe to
Posts [Atom]